I don’t usually give personal updates here in this blog, but today I’m going to make an exception. There are some important changes happening in my life and recovery ministry that I want to let you all know about. Three things for you:
1. My wife Charlene left her job and will be joining me
As many of you might know, my wife Charlene is working on her Master’s in Counseling and Psychotherapy at Adler University. She is now on the home stretch of the program, and hopes to finish the program in mid 2011. (woohoo!)
She was pursuing this degree while also working full time as an executive assistant to the CEO of a small technology firm. Earlier this month she gave notice that she was leaving that job, and will be devoting more of her time to her Master’s program and internship (seeing clients on her own).
She will also be working with me part time, bringing her considerable organizational skills to bear in the recovery programs I’m involved with. (woohoo!)
2. I’m getting ready to roll out a new program
One of my primary roles over the past several years has been to lead the follow-up program for workshops run by Faithful and True Ministries. This has gone well, but I have often felt that the program I’ve set up could be helpful for a broader audience.
I sent out a survey earlier in October, and have gotten nearly 100 responses. THANK YOU! Your feedback was invaluable to me as I’ve been planning this new program.
I am getting ready to launch this new program – called “The Recovery Journey” – in mid November. I can’t tell you all the details yet, but here are some things you should know:
- I will be offering more resources to people, and the program will cost MUCH less than the 90 Days to Sexual Sanity program. I am lowering the price in hopes that a wider variety of people will be able to participate.
- The materials for the program will run for a period of six months instead of 90 days. People will be free to drop out of the program before then, but at the lower cost, it would not make much sense for them to do so (unless they are not wanting to work their recovery)
- People who have participated in the 90 Days to Sexual Sanity program will be able to participate in the program for a discounted price.
- We are planning to have three modules: (a) for sexual strugglers who’ve gone through the Men’s workshop or other sex addiction treatment (b) for sexual strugglers who are new to recovery and have not gone through the workshop (c) for the spouses of sexual strugglers
Having my wife quit her day job and launching this new program at a fraction of the price of the old one is one of the biggest financial risks I have ever taken. But I believe this program will be a helpful tool for many people, and that many will take advantage of it.
Last but not least, I released a new ebook earlier this month. It’s called “Reclaiming Sexual Sanity,” and it offers an overview of the spectrum of sexual struggle / addiction, and how recovery happens. It offers straight to the point information (the print-friendly version is 40 pages).
I’ve gotten great feedback on the book so far. (In fact, if you have more feedback, please email me, because I am compiling a “reader comments” page.) Some people have offered to pay me for it, and others have asked why I’m giving this kind of book out for free. The answer is simple: I want to get the message about sexual struggles out to as many people as possible, and I want people to know about the recovery resources and solutions I have to offer.
If you think the book is helpful, please do me and your friends a favor by passing it along. You can tell friends, family, pastors, and fellow support group members about it by sending them this link:
That’s all for now. Blessings!